Skills & Qualifications
- AP Style, press releases, arts and entertainment writing
- Critical Mention, CisionPoint, Joomla, WordPress, Salesforce
- Adobe and Microsoft Office suites
- HTML coding, SEO strategies, social media management
- Customer service, competitive sales, retail management and visual merchandising
- Personable, outgoing and positive
- Ability to effectively communicate with professionals of all levels, from CEOs to new hires
- Knows when to ask for help and when to seek the next challenge
- Exceptional leadership and delegation skills
On Tap Magazine Alexandria, VA
Editorial Staff · August 2018 – Present
- Writes features, listings and more for On Tap’s monthly print edition and website. To date this includes over 30 stories, including a cover story.
- Pitches stories relevant to the magazine’s target audience of 21-45 year olds residing in and around the D.C. metro area. Topics include music, theatre, dining, fine arts and more.
- Oversees the delegation tasks and stories to editorial interns. Assures they met deadlines and further their skills as writers and editors.
- Assists in the daily operations of a local independent publication, including but not limited to: website maintenance, social media management and creating new leads.
Previous roles: freelance writer (January 2018 – March 2018), editorial intern (April 2018 – July 2018)
Anthropologie McLean, VA
Home Department Manager · June 2017 – April 2018
- Merchandised and directly oversaw visual presentation and sales goals for the Home Department of the Tysons Galleria location.
- Directly oversaw the development of the Home Supervisor and Manager in Training on management, merchandising, branding and sales tactics.
- Interviewed, hired and trained customer associates, fostering an environment of creativity, accountability and personal growth.
- Trained and lead sales associates through daily tasks and responsibilities.
Previous Roles: apparel supervisor (March 2017 – June 2017), manager in training (November 2016 – March 2017), senior customer associate & beauty expert (August 2016 – November 2016), customer associate (April 2016 – July 2016)
Carfax, Inc. Centreville, VA
Marketing Intern · May 2014 – January 2016
- Collected, edited, wrote and published online content to the company website through Joomla to help with search engine optimization efforts and to establish and grow an online ratings and reviews presence.
- Wrote advertising copy, press releases, weekly newsletters, pitch emails and more.
- Assisted with planning and execution of company video shoots for recruitment and advertising purposes.
- Acquired and synthesized valuable market data for competitive analysis from focus groups.
George Mason University
Bachelor of Arts, Communication – Public Relations, May 2016
180 Degrees Consulting
Team leader, January 2016 – May 2016
Alpha Phi Fraternity
Vice president of risk management, November 2014 – November 2015
International public relations in London, Winter 2016
Virginia Association of Communication Arts and Sciences Annual Conference
Presenter: Body Diversity and Feelings of Self-Confidence in Young Adult Women, May 2016